Monday, September 15, 2014

Knitting Pattern Writing


One of my goals is to eventually get some patterns written for knitting, and possibly crocheting too.
I get custom requests from family or I'll make gifts, and think: I should be writing this down as I go so I can :
1) remember how to do it for the next time;)
and/or 
2) get it printed up to sell or possibly publish it.

This time around, after another request, I decided to do just that.
I'm always surprised that it takes much longer to figure things out than I originally thought.
For example, I've redone this one a few times. I actually have one version completely finished and ready to wear, but decided to go ahead and redesign/experiment it with a slightly different look and see what happens. 


As you can probably tell from this photo, I am a very visual person. I have to literally see the stitches and physically count them to make sure that I have the right amount. I've worked things out on a calculator far too many times and had it not work out when actually knitting-why is that? Anyway,  now I just write it out and physically count them on paper, lol . Sometimes I use graph paper but the squares are a bit too small.I'm pretty sure there are specific graph papers you can print from online.I'll have to check.


yarn is vintage chunky by berrocco

Next time I'll be sharing some of the photos from the Country Living Fair : )

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin