Monday, January 3, 2011

Buttons and Cameos


A week or so ago I went to one of my favorite fabric shops.
Just around the corner is an antique shop where I like to buy vintage buttons.



These, though not in spectacular shape, I like them just the same.
The one of the young man is celluloid I believe, and well worn, but I couldn't pass him up. He looks so old, and French.
Does anyone know anything about these kinds of buttons?




I also got these tri bar slides.
Vintage Mother of pearl (?)
and buttons still on their cards.
I would love to try and sell a few buttons in my etsy shop along with my other things, but I know supplies is a big category already...
We'll see... if there's any interest...
I have a lot of new plans and ideas!

Off to get things done-take care : )

10 comments:

elineof said...

It's my really weak spot - buttons and buckles. I have a huge collection of brooches too and I love wearing them! Thanks for a great post and Happy New Year!

Martina said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Andrea! Hope it will be a sparkling, fun kind of year - as lovely as these buttons! Cheers to you!

Christie Cottage said...

I love cameos too! I have some earrings I got when I was 11 years old.

I also have a supply stash of cameos to make into something (Compliments of my sister). Perhaps this year I will make some jewelry.

Love the vintage belt "buckles" too.

Have a wonderful day!

<><

We Blog Artists said...

HAPPY 2011 sweet Andrea...LOVE the old buttons...beautiful.
MAY every wish come true this year...I think it'll be an exciting one!
HUGS
Char.x

Unknown said...

Wonderful finds!

Hope you have a most wonderful year!!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful finds!

Hope you have a most wonderful year!!!! Can you believe it is 2011?? Time sure flies!

koralee said...

I so have a thing for buttons...my grandma started me collecting them at an early age and I just can't stop....something about them with is so enduring.

Hugs for a new creative week my friend... . xoxo

Laurie said...

Yummy buttons! Here's a website that might help you to identify that sweet little boy man: http://www.buttoncountry.com/Button%20Country.htm

andrea creates said...

thanks laurie-i'll check it out!

Amy said...

I recently got some vintage slides just like these at my local antique shop. I've incorporated a couple into some new cuffs, if I could ever find the time to finish them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin