Friday, October 2, 2009

Some new goodies sent on their way


My Mom went back to California to visit family for the week. I secretly wish I could have gone along~it's rainy, dreary and getting cold here. And I'm homesick.
I made some goodies to send along with her ...
The hat (above) , it's one of the few lace knits that do not give me much trouble to knit up...

I also made these "Little Wallets" from Valori Wells. They were a fun way to use some small pieces of fabric :)



I made the 'sanglier' (or boar, in English) wallet for my sister...I have a story about 'sangliers'... she'll maybe understand why I chose it for her ~it reminded me of where we used to live....



When we lived in France my Uncle, who is about my age, took 3 of my little siblings to the tennis court...The ball, of course, flew over the fence and landed in some brush nearby...He, and the 3 under 6 year olds, all left the court to get the ball....Zoom~Out of the brush ran one wild sanglier mommy and her babies...
Have you ever seen a wild boar run?! They dart back and forth and it's quite scary.
My Mom was not too thrilled to hear the story,but quite relieved they returned safely.
Anyway, when I saw the fabric I thought of that and thought she'd like it....

I also 'have' a Johnny Depp fan (or several) in the family, who once mentioned she would like one of my coffee sleeves if I could make one to fit a coke cup to catch the condensation , so I made this as a little surprise.

Hope they like their goodies :)

1 comment:

acommonthread said...

everything is so cute! i love the hat and the little wallets. i end up making those little pouches as well all of the time with my fabric bits. those, and simple tie scarves.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin