Monday, April 12, 2010

More buttons and threads

I've been wanting this Heather Bailey pattern since before it was 'buyable'. Do you remember the Mary Engelbreit issue a few years back?

O.k~ I couldn't resist.
There's a nice quilt shop that is a little far for my car to get to.
The other day my Mom, sister and I made a little tour of the countryside scouting garage sales and wound up in the town of a Mom and Pop quilt shop I like. I couldn't resist taking advantage of the situation and dropping in to see if they had anything new. Of course I knew they would ; )
I've been trying really hard to be good and use what I have on hand. Maybe I'll re~ challenge myself next month ; )


I wound up going with a pale sagey blue color scheme of fabrics with a little orange thrown in. I don't think I'll be using them for the bag but you never know.

And of course I really couldn't resist stopping by the thread display on the way out. Lol.
If you've been reading this blog for awhile you'll probably remember me sharing about them here and here.
Here are some more photos on my flickr page ( if you're interested :o ), that didn't make it to the blog. (I'm a little embarrassed to say, that's just the page tagged with 'thread').


I admit, I have a 'problem'. This rack is half full of just the Presencia brand .
I have 2 full thread boxes and 1 full rack of other brands, but I can't resist these colors...They seem to carry all of the "in betweens".

Oh, I got some vintage lace trim too!

I also bought some 'new to me' vintage buttons and buckles too. Same place as here. Can't wait to use them : )




6 comments:

Heather said...

oh what dreamy finds! I love the colors...so great for summer! dont you love rambling drives that end with lots of fun things being bought? ;)

randi said...

lots of loveliness here today! i love your photography style!

Julie said...

What treasured goodies! I love days of treaure seeking that turn out so well! Can't wait to see what you come up with! : )

Hobocamp Crafts said...

oooh how I love garage sales! You never know what is waiting for you! I also miss miss miss Home Companion magazine- so inspiring! love the colors so springy!

Rubyred said...

Such gorgeous treasures!
Rachel x

Martina said...

Lovely colours - so inspiring, just the look of it. I can fully understand you for falling for those threads and, come on - it's not like you're not using them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin