Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little Something


I actually had time to work on my sewing today (!!) -and as that always seems to go for me, I got one whole thing done ;) I don't know why. I was trying to work on a new pattern. That always takes a lot of time and trial and error. I should realize next time:
If I want to get a lot done, I should go back to something I know will work out, saving the new prototypes for short spurt days perhaps?
I also know:

I'm not really good at -'travail a la chaine'- or 'assembly line' work.
I like to take my time on each little piece, making sure it's perfect. Not really productive perhaps, but a lot more satisfying.

That's where my idea of making pdf patterns came in an earlier post. I am still researching how to best digitize hand drawn patterns...I think I have someone who thinks she can figure something out for me. But they've never done it before, so we'll see. Anyhoo, ta da~~
here it is~~
what I got done today: a(nother) new card wallet.



Love this fabric-it's a faux patchwork, a Japanese fabric in the finest of weaves -it feels like a poplin.
Well, I'm sipping a hot chocolate and about to help out on homework ...
Have a super rest of your day :)

6 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

I love it too...it's gorgeous!
HaPPy DAYS!
Char.x

Rachel said...

another beautiful project! your craftsmanship is wonderful, I can tell you put a lot of work into each piece : )

andrea creates said...

thanks!
:)

Silver Lining Decor said...

So beautiful! I love that fabric, so fresh and girly :)

blueberries in the fields said...

very lovely andrea, the fabric is so adorable and cheery. oh, i meant to leave feedback on your bag. you were questioning yourself wether you should make bags and i would answer: you do it only if it brings you joy. your bag is lovely and i would not hesitate to send it in a bubble enveloppe. I ship all my dolls this way and being carefully and nicely wrapped, i never got negative feedbacks.
wishing youa lovely week end, with not too much snow.
we are awaiting for another snow storm this morning,ugh !

Anonymous said...

I like this faux patchwork, and if you ever figure out how to digitize hand drawn patterns please share it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin