Monday, November 10, 2008

A jumble of letters

This is a project I'm currently working on and if all goes well (as in the kids don't need major entertaining on this 4 day weekend) I should get it finished today.
I always like the look of those banners made with various vintage ephemera and scrapbook papers and thought I could make something like that for my upcoming show using some -ahem-of my fabric scrap collection and felt for the letters. (Later noticed it hardly made a dent)
After some calculating and remembering the spaces in between words, I blew up the font, and printed the letters needed out. I then placed them on top of black felt, left over from the brim of my daughters candy corn hat project.

Daughter #1 snaps a photo of me carefully cutting out those letters


I layered fabric scraps over a white base, then sewed them on using any and every stitch length and type for a random collaged look . I even made up new stitches by not turning all the correct dials.This doesn't seem to faze my machine but I'm not an expert and cannot recommend it for yours.
Today I will finish up the trims and different goodies including the felt letters.
Once it's all done , I'll show a picture .

Oh, and the show, is the MOPS Boutique at the Laguna Niguel Presbyterian Church (in Laguna Niguel ,Ca.) on Wednesday December 3rd from 9-1. If you're local stop on by........

.................................................................................................


If you're family please stop reading now as there will be a Christmas present giveaway in the following picture....
This is a hat I've already made 4 of in various sizes and colors. (O.k ,1 for me and 1 for my daughter in that count) . Because it's slouchy you can make it look as different as you want each time by varying the slouchiness , yarn type and size.
My wrists are killing me, but I've vowed to make my Christmas presents this year for as many people as I think won't hate me for doing so.

modeled on daughter #2

Off to do something creative on this four day weekend.......and Remember Veteran's Day.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin