Monday, April 19, 2010

Drawers


I swear the pencil case is at the sewing table-the light on the machine is on.
I just got distracted here at the computer for a sec. I wanted to share something I got last weekend that has helped me control some of the mess here in the studio. Er, I mean 'get organized'...
This little drawer unit is from Michael's . I've been admiring these for awhile but they were never on sale when I went in- or else I didn't have a coupon handy... but the other day all of the stars were in line because they were 50% off when I was there. After much contemplation, I chose this one. I wasn't sure what I'd use it for but knew it had to help at least a little.
I got it home and decided on my paper collection, and sorted them into groups of 3. Now I wanna get another one and further sort them.
I went back this morning and there weren't anymore, nor were they on sale, I don't think. But I have some Joann coupons handy (you know they'll let you use them at either place most of the time, right?) and another Michael's I can go to ; )

You can't really tell here but they're sorted in blues & greens, reds, pinks & purples and yellows, oranges & prints. I have to separate the yellows. They need their own space, lol.


You can see by the mess around it, there are still more handmade papers and other ephemera that need drawers too.
It required purchasing a screwdriver in a size we didn't have (I think a #1), which took a few days, and a few breaks in between screwing the drawers together, boy did my wrist get sore, but it's all done now (finally) and it was worth it. Doesn't take much to make me happy : ) Just some sorted papers.
Best of all~I even found some things I forgot I had!
Off to get more~
Just as soon as I finish that pencil case : )

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin