Thursday, December 2, 2010

On a roll

Edited Friday :Take a peek here... My hats (below) were featured on Papercakes today :)



I have been crocheting up a lot of my Christmas presents...


I decided to make some headbands and these hats from this pattern.

I've been wanting that pattern for such a long time.
I tried out a few others that I just couldn't get the hang of~ having not crocheted in awhile.This one seemed to kick in right away. Sometimes I have to put patterns away for a day if I can't fi
gure them out immediately, but this one, no problem. I haven't gotten the flower pins done~ I'll share when I do.It's so fun choosing the color combinations! And a great way to use up your stash. Of course I can't part with the smallest lengths of yarn so I have a lot to choose from for the scallop trims.

I used to have a zippered case I kept my hooks and other knitting notions in -well I still do-
It was one of my very first pouches, and still works great. But I never had to keep reaching for crochet hooks a lot, 'til lately.

So I decided to make one of these:


the inside



with the flap down
all rolled up

I think I may make some for the shop...what do you think?


13 comments:

Julie said...

These are gorgeous! The needle case is exquisite...my mom would adore... you've made it so beautifully! : )

andrea creates said...

Thanks Julie :)

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

The things that you've made are beautiful, as are the photos you've taken of them! I can't promise quite as much beauty over on my blog, but I am having a giveaway, so you should stop on by. ;)

Ammieloris said...

Oh, your needle case is so pretty! I do love knitting needle cases. I made myself one, and next time I'm going to add some elasticized ribbon to help hold those long knitting needles in place. They are fun to make, I think!

elineof said...

You have been busy!I love the hats and the roller is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

andrea creates said...

thanks everyone-i appreciate your kind words & feedback :)

moose and bird said...

I think some crochet hook rolls for the shop is a great idea.....but I'm bias because I love all of your goodies. x

Rachel said...

The crochet case is just gorgeous! I love the combination of fabrics!

andrea creates said...

thanks everyone-i appreciate the positive feedback on the crochet rolls-perhaps i'll make a few today for the shop :)

Christie Cottage said...

I love the needle case. I hope I am on your Christmas list! LOL

Have a wonderful day!

<><

Unknown said...

I Love your colors.. so cheery.. just what is needed on a grey snowy day!

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

definitely! My mother-in-law would love one.

Martina said...

Love that roll! Must show it to a freind who is a real good knitter - am sure this would be for her. Also, the color combo is so nuce here. Yes, put it in your shop!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin