Thursday, May 3, 2012

Petite Bling Ring Tutorial

 I have been loving these new French General Notions kits and ribbons lately (you've probably seen them on some my most recent projects :)

I've been able to findthem at my local scrapbooking store, & Michael's is supposed to carry them as well, but mine have not received more than a few of the items yet :(

Anyway~ Wanting to do something with these ring blanks I keep buying, and these cabochons that come in the kits, I decided to put the 2 together.

ring blank

+

French General notions kit

=

 
A petite bling ring :)


This is a super simple to make, just for fun ring.

*Tip~ take the cabochon with you to the 'ring blanks aisle' and make sure it's roughly the right size.You could also trace the cabochon and take it with you when you go out looking for rings...You don't want to have to cut it down to fit if you don't have to....

*p.s~remember this is a 'fun' ring, made with non water soluble materials. You wont' want to get it wet ;)

Lemme know if you make any, I'd love to see them :)

 

6 comments:

kt40s said...

I am such a fan of french general, I have been following kaari from the beginning and she is so talented i am actually reading her jewelry book right now it is so pretty.

Paula said...

Hi sweet Andrea, Thank you for sharing the tutorial. I would love to make one. Yours is so pretty! I will have to pop into Michael's and see what they have. Have a lovely Friday! xo~Paula

Martina said...

Such a fun little DIY - i love the nostalgic look of it!

andrea creates said...

thanks girls :)

kt40s said...

i have been such a big fan of kaari(french general owner) since she started it up long ago. I am currently reading her jewelry book which i love pure eye candy! love what you are making with her notions. andrea i always love coming to your blog and seeing what beauty you are up to!

Laurie said...

How cute! I love French General like crazy but I haven't seen their kits yet. That is probably a good thing for my pocketbook...!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin