Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Boho Bird Pouch or How I "Organize" My Stash

I love this print by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda.
In fact I noticed that I must love it a lot~ and saw that I had some in a few different colorways from various recent shopping trips.* 

 I wasn't sure I wanted to add buttons in my usual way, stitched to the front, so I tied some on with the same varigated blue grey perle cotton floss that I used for the 'stitching around the birds' detail, and made a little zipper pull :)
 coordinating lining



  • *Apparently I like to keep new fabrics stacked in piles sorted by shopping excursions until...
  •  I've made a few projects with them, then they get put into small plastic boxes to keep them clean.
I only started doing this after attempting to keep track of inventory a few seasons back.
  • The older stash, I put in even bigger boxes on shelves. These mostly gets used for things I make for myself or prototypes etc....

Anyway, the new bag is now in the shop.
 This one was fun~I liked doing the hand stitching and adding little buttons...
Plans for more-maybe even bigger, and including a long strap?

4 comments:

Sew a Fine Seam said...

That is adorable and I love the way you put the buttons on the zipper pull!

Heather said...

Ooh, this is adorable! I love the shape of the bag too, and the different fabric inside. Too cute!

koralee said...

So adorable...I love the sweet buttons you added. Hope this comment finds you happy and well my friend. xoxo

millefeuilles said...

Everything you make has such a clean line to it. Does that make sense? Feminine and modern too. Goodness, I wish I had the words to convey what I meant!

You're right; that fabric is really cute.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin