Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hipster Bag

I used to make these quite a bit for myself, friends and family. I'm not sure why I stopped because I often find myself wishing I had something like it again.

Especially the other day at the fair.
How handy to be hands free when carrying bags and cameras and kids. I love sling bags too but find myself adjusting them, and still using my hands.


  I originally planned to make it for myself~ but felt like maybe I should list it. I gave myself permission to just have fun-making stitches purposely imperfect,super shabby /prairie chic style & adding ric rac and wide lacy trim.
I even got daring and added one of my favorite 'carved' rose buttons at the top corner~ 
I had a hard time getting the belt exactly how I wanted and ended up redoing it a few times. But I really like the way this one turned out.

Would you use a hip bag like this?



1 comment:

koralee said...

This is adorable...I am sooo loving the fabric...hugs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin