Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bird Envelope Clutch Ikea Fabric


I've been hoarding this awesome fabric for a few years. Wanting to make bags, but was never sure how to fussy cut into it, I thought an envelope style clutch would be the perfect project. 
The fabric is a canvas type, designed by Lotta Kuhlhorn for Ikea.(I'm pretty sure it's no longer available, but haven't checked into that.) 
I loooove how it turned out and really want to keep it, but need to let it go to a new home

 Love this bird on the back : )

 Open with the flap

 I've stitched a vintage button over the snap closure...

 Here you can see how big it is.


Lining is a green/yellow shot cotton.

I've made some envelope clutches in the past-sometimes with gussets and magnetic snaps.Like those shown here. I may try another out that way next time....These would also be nice as organizers in your purse : )

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin