Monday, March 30, 2009

Self proclaimed Chocolate Connoisseur, and Easter Projects

Well, I thought I would have a full day to do some crafting but one of our school volunteers has asked me to help with a fundraiser. It won't be so bad. I think I will be sorting chocolates!
See's candies does a fundraiser every year with the school. I said I could help ;)
.........
I'm not really a 'connoisseur' more of a 'chocoholic' :) , but I do know a thing or 2 about it, and I do have my favorites....here's a (very) small list:
I think See's have one of the best chocolates from the United States. Can't pass up the Truffles or the Divinity Puffs...
When we lived in France,and I know these are not all French, however, one my favorite 'chocolatiers' were Leonidas and Daskalides. Anytime there was a special occasion, or someone would come and visit us from overseas we would have to make a stop there so they (um, we) could take some home.... Just walking in and smelling the chocolate was 'almost' enough.
In France they have whole aisles for chocolate in the supermarket and I'm almost certain a day didn't go by that we didn't have any... for an everyday 'fix' my favorite is/was Milka, milk chocolate. And of course there's always Nutella...
..........
When we go to Italy, I love to collect the Caffarel tins (full of chocolate) . I have quite the collection. We visit a small town there whose local 'pasticceria',or pastry shop, has been known to set aside some empty boxes from prior years just for me ! Maybe I can take some pictures of them for you soon. Gianduia is one of my favorites . If you click on this link you can see some of the pretty foil wrappings they use. I save them for potential collages (turns red from emabrrassement). They're too pretty to throw away. I just saw the mushrooms above, how cute are those?!
Like I said this is a very small list. I've already thought of a few more, maybe I'll add them another time.
...........
I have a few more new ideas for Easter projects I'd like to squeeze in before sorting candy-I wish I could say it will be like that funny episode of I love Lucy but I think I'll just be getting the orders together. Guess who bought some?!
What is your favorite kind of chocolate?
2 for 1 blog day update:
I scored a 1 lb. box of chocolates-compliments of See's, and I have to go back tomorrow too:)
I am also featured-or my Eiffel Tower pouch is I should say, on this fellow etsian's blog.Please click on the link and check it out! I haven't been featured too often , so this really makes me happy!






2 comments:

Ann Renee Lighter said...

I am never asked to help sort chocolate because at least a third of it would go missing!
From another chocoholic...
Ann

andrea creates said...

Hee hee- I know the feeling

Blog Widget by LinkWithin