Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Redo your post Tuesday

No, I don't think I'll make a habit of that title but I had one going and it was acting weird so I deleted it. I think it's 'bloggers' fault.

I've been in the mood to do some collage and painting lately and just don't have the room or time to get it all out. However, since I do have the sewing machine and supplies pretty much always at the ready, I thought I'd try some with fabric. Above is a picture of a first attempt at a layout on a coffee sleeve. I love to make pretty things out of useful things. And I love the 'rainy day girls' theme, especially for Spring. I ended up not going with this one because once I got the background on, I thought it was too busy .



Here is "Little Red Riding Hood". I finally got it finished -unfortunately both pictures came out blurry-perhaps if you squint a little?-I'll try and get a better one up soon. I'll be adding this one to etsy eventually. I put 3 little buttons in the top right corner using 'sashiko' embroidery thread. I am really proud with how my zippers are turning out. I've worked on them a lot... Here's a view of the inside zipper ends:

Speaking of buttons , I know I've shown them before but I am trying to improve my picture taking skills and thought they looked nice all lined up so here are a few shots of them...
with the new pouch in front

A closeup or 2.

Even if you're a bad photographer you can still have fun with the editing right?

7 comments:

Ann Renee Lighter said...

You have a wonderful collection of fabrics assembled! What fun.
Ann

Jillianmackowiak said...

Your pictures are getting really good!! :) I love all the buttons, I need a better storage system for my jewelry items. I have them combined in like 6 different plastic shoeboxes, but it makes it tough to get to because I never remember which box is which. haha

Jillian :)

Heather said...

aw, your creations are always so bright and fun!~

Jillianmackowiak said...

Thanks sweety!! I am feeling much better. I just had a weird stomach thing going on. I hope things are going well with you and that you're enjoying your weekend.

Jillian :)

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Andrea...Very nice post! I love all the jars of colorful buttons, etc, and love the colors in all these photos. I'm glad I stopped by!!

elsie said...

just discovered your blog on an etsy forum thread, love the little red riding hood fabric!

guess this makes me your newest "follower"!
come on over and visit me sometime:

http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

the 6 o'clock stitch said...

Thank you so much for introducing yourself in the Etsy forums. It's so nice to meet you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin