Friday, April 10, 2009

Crafter's Block

Detail from the tin on shelf below

I have not gotten much accomplished lately, except for a few paper clay mushrooms we made the other day.They aren't even painted yet....I made some a few years ago and they turned out really nice, I antiqued them with gel and put them in little basket gardens we made....If I find them I'll take a picture and show you. They were much smaller, about 1/2 inch tall.These are about 2 inches....
I have set out with the best of intentions in the Easter project department but things like time, running errands, trying to pack for a move, volunteering, and the like, keep getting in the way. The things I have started, I have not been successful with either. Stuffed rabbits, stuffed birds, etc.etc , just don't always translate from paper to sewing machine.
If writer's block exists, surely crafter's block does too? Next time I will start out with the projects a few months early. I used to be that way. I'd make things months in advance, then forget and by the time the holiday/occasion rolled around I was making more things...

So, I thought instead I'd show some of my German Easter egg collection. Some of these are old and I received them for Easter when I was a kid. My Dad was German, but my Mom got me started on these:



The light has been dreary lately and today it's raining here in sunny Southern California, so my pictures aren't as nice as I wanted , but if you click on them I think you can see the details a little better...
.

The older ones will be marked something like "made in Western Germany", like this one:

Sometimes they'll have paper lace edging on the inside

This is the outside of that egg, one of my oldest:

This is one of my favorites ...

Well I'd better go get something done around here...

Do you have an Easter egg collection?

4 comments:

Heather said...

what pretty treasures! Oh, we all get this way with the crafters block...thats when you know you have to recharge your creative battery...something will spark it and you'll be off to the races again, its always that way!

Bellissima said...

Oh my word, these eggs are gorgeous! What a fantastic collection - just beautiful!

andrea said...

Thank you ~I'll hopefully get back into the swing of things after Easter:)
Andrea

Ann Renee Lighter said...

What beautiful eggs !!! Your Easter post is wonderful.
Have a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin