Thursday, December 17, 2009

A week has gone by,


and I feel like I haven't gotten much accomplished. I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. I have been working on a few projects tho'...
Finally got a new Winter banner up (!) Do you like it? It's a present my daughter is working on. A snowman Nutcracker.
We started painting some doll heads for a project too, that we'll (hopefully) get done Friday night or Saturday. I have a few packages I need to send off this weekend. I just don't seem to have any energy lately.I keep falling asleep at 4 a.m and getting up at 6 a.m.That my have something to do with it (?!)...


Once started, I wasn't really sure how I wanted to paint their faces...they aren't exactly how I had envisioned but the girls had fun painting theirs. The brushes weren't the best either (kiddie multi econo pack) but I was surprised how shiny the (real) acrylic paints turned out. I'm used to working with oils and craft paints...

Putting the heads on paint brushes made keeping fingers out of wet paint easier :)


I made up these apples following this Heather Bailey pattern.


Sorry for the not so hot pics. My youngest insisted on wrapping them between breakfast, getting ready for school and ten other things. She held up 'the backdrop'~and they came out somewhat blurry in the dark.
Oh well-the pattern was really easy to follow and I think they turned out pretty nice considering most of the things I have been working on lately have been shelved. I even used up some felt scraps and some fabrics I don't have other plans for.
I did use polyfil (trying to use up what I have) on one, and it seemed to fill out better than the one I used my bamboo filling on. It was also lighter -so it just depends on the look/purpose you're going for. I had intended to make them into ornaments but decided on just a decoration instead.

these will be teacher's gifts, because teachers can never have enough apples, right?


Off to go get some more things accomplished :)


9 comments:

Andi said...

How do you like them apples?
I love 'em!!!

Melissa Lisbon said...

Like the new banner, and really like the photos of the little heads.... very alluring lighting!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

gosh me you are busy :) Love the cute faces :) T.

Chloe said...

:o) ahh i know that feeling.. winter makes me slow..

I do love the new banner! I cant think of he word i want to describe it with... (such slowness today!) =P

Your new project looks lovely, the little dolls faces are real sweet & i those apples look yummy!

Enjoy your day!

We Blog Artists said...

They're great Andrea!
Wow, you've been busy...
Acrylic is such an easy medium to work with and dries SO quickly.
GET SOME SLEEP!!!!
Good night.
Char

Heather said...

The new banner is so sweet! I love it! Oh, the last minute creations before Christmas....arent they fun? Wishing you and yours a merry christmas!~

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Merry Christmas Andrea ! :D
oxox

Ann Renee Lighter said...

I really like your new winter banner!
Hope you are having a nice holiday, Merry Merry and all that.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those little apples are absolutely adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin