Monday, August 30, 2010

(long rambling) Process Post # 7

Sometimes while coming up with a new design or project I'll remember to take some photos along the way~hoping to show how I come up with the decision making in some of my pieces.
Sometimes they're just ''petite process posts' if I forget to take more than 1 photo ; )


Here we have the fabrics I decided to work on. Some days I just feel like a 'dusty mauve purplish gray' : )
These 2 choices worked perfect for that!
They're both Japanese~(some of my favorite fabrics, if you've been reading this blog for awhile you'll know already know ; )
The one on the bottom of the future bag is a woven textured type-I know they have a word for it in Japanese fabric lingo....that of course I have forgotten at the moment...anyway, it's taken me awhile to part with this particular one because I don't have much more than what you see here, left. My supplier is in California-or was, because sadly-it was a mom and pop shop and they closed a year or so ago .I have a few other pieces in various colors and textures...it'll be hard to part with them too but this studio's getting crazy with stash-even though I haven't bought any for awhile ramble ramble, moving on ...

Should I make a pocket? I'm not sure yet. This is another piece on the right, that I may use for the pocket-same dusty mauvy greenish muddy colors-(I mean that in a good way of course) but it's also another small piece from the same place.....
Let's throw on some trim now shall we? These vintage lace crochet trims look nice... The pinker one? Not so much...too bright-wrong shade...let's lose that one....
There, that's better- I swapped it out for the greenish ruffly pink edged one. Nice choices-but I'm still not sure which I'll use in the end....


Time for a zipper!
Hey~I found one! Usually this is the part where the project may come to a grinding stop and turn into another WIP. I like this one's color, and it's the right size! Must be my lucky day ; )
Now for the lining....

And, I forgot to make the rounded corners on this photo...hmm...Oh yes, the lining...Love the shade of brown-it's like chocolate milk. Almost too pretty to put on the inside of the bag!

The piece(s) de resistance-the buttons. Not too sure here either-the purple's not quite right, the etched glass looking one-too froufrou for this, I do like the little vintage cream colored ones....We'll see-it'll be a surprise! Can't wait to show you : )
Also have to think about what I'll use for the handles.....(Sees future WIP flashing signs)

P.s I've been tagged for a beautiful blogger award by Jody from the Little Prints. She has some of the best looking headbands, brooches and goodies in her shop I've ever seen so I'll get my post together for that and ...
I thought I'd try something a little different-I never know who to decide to tag myself -there are so many favorite blogs for me to choose from... if you'd like me to consider your blog to 'tag', please leave me a comment telling me so, and I'll round up 7 from the comments section and maybe some surprise blog choices for my next post ; )

7 comments:

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

I like your process post. You look all neat and organized. I can never remember to photo the process.

Jody McDowell said...

i like your process posts! i also love the color scheme you have going on for this project.. so pretty.

Diana said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! Your pieces are gorgeous!

You should post a few little pretties on my new website for vintage and handmade: http://efreeme.com - it's totally free to sell!

andrea creates said...

Thanks!
I've actually finished the bag, but I need to redo some things on it that didn't turn out as planned ;)

Heather said...

Oh, these colors are so dreamy and sort of victorian. I cant wait to see what they become!~

Unknown said...

I am in love with your lace & trim... ~:o)

congrats ... you do have a very beautiful blog ~*~

kt said...

I came here from lisa's blog so happy that i did i love what you are doing over here:)
kt

Blog Widget by LinkWithin