Monday, August 23, 2010

Petite Process Post, # 6


I snapped some photos while working on a new clutch to share for a 'petite process post'. A 'process post' but with fewer photos and details...
The design for this clutch is new but doesn't seem much different than the others in my shop so maybe I'll keep designing and tweaking.
I wanted to share that I discovered a 'new friend' along the way...fusible shape flex.
It feels like a fairly lightweight woven fabric but it's fusible. It costs a little more than regular fusible interfacing. But, I really like how it turned out. The clutch is a little more rigid but still very flexible. I may fuse 2 layers together next time and see how that goes...


I love this fabric-a, what seemed to be at first glance, a pink and black floral print...but as I looked at it closer-I started to see the red flowers too.
So I decided to throw some red buttons on there as well to make my decisions. These are all vintage buttons. I love the black ones and the red with the floral cutouts...Alas, you can't see the details of them too clearly in my photos ...


Let's choose a lining now...How about black and white polka dots?


And some ric rac...
Voila~we're done! Yay!
Coming to the shop soon : )


2 comments:

Julie said...

All of your new work is just beautiful! My favorites are the zippered wristlets...they are sooo sweet! Thank you for your kind visit...it is so nice to be back in the creating world! : )

Heather said...

this looks so great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin