Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vintage Fabric


The other day we went ice skating in Oxford.
Not the one in England ;)
But it was a university~ and we did have fun...but not before.....
stopping for a coffee and a stroll through an antique shop where I got this:

 A vintage apron I am dying to turn into a project. I know it seems a shame to chop something up like this but I won't use it as is. There are parts that aren't usable, so I'll need to cut around places. 
I just loved the colors and the roses~ and the price was definitely right!

I bought this the other day too. It's not vintage, but a print designed by Liesl Gibson. I know someone whose name is Lisette~ & even though I love the print and the weight of the fabric,I really bought the piece especially to use that selvedge for something gift related ;)

5 comments:

silly old suitcase said...

Hey Andrea!

That apron is a pretty one :-)
I wish you all the best things for 2012, with a lot of pretty and creative things and of course, good health!

xx

Rachel said...

The floral print on that apron is so beautiful! Great find!

Unknown said...

... ♥♥♥ Love the rose print! Great find! You will have fun with this project I am sure!

andrea creates said...

thanks !
:)

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, I've made SO many cuffs out of aprons! lol.. I know it's kind of a shame to cut into them, but usually the ones I find have bad spots somewhere on them so I don't feel so bad!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin