Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kiss Clasps

Try and say that ten times fast!

I bought some of these kiss clasp frames awhile back and returned all but one of them as I never got around to (was brave enough try) making one.

Well the other day I had an idea, inspired by some new to me fabrics, and art deco pins, that just had to be made:


I literally couldn't wait to make it- or, for the glue to dry to share ~ ;)

And I'm trying to decide which pin to use...the round one seen here?

Or the bow as shown here?
What do you think? Of course this one is only halfway finished, but should I make more, for the shop? 
I'm tempted to keep this one for myself  :0

edited to add:I searched online for tutorials on clasps like these and found this one. I did the design of the bag myself however.The clasp has little holes for stitches so I will figure that out and share when it's done :)
~Next time I will use much less glue, -I think I went a bit overboard, and stitch the sides before the hinges a bit closer...but I think it's not bad for a first time ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo Cute!!!! I like the bigger pin. ~:o)

I tried a clasp once and got majorly frustrated.. I think my fabric was too thick.. You did a marvelous job!!! Did you teach yourself? I was feeling I needed a bit of expert help and abandoned the project.. you have inspired me to try again!

andrea creates said...

hi lisa~thanks so much.yes i pretty much just looked at a tutorial on u-handblog, and made up the pattern myself.
i'll add that info to my post ;)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I like the bow the best.
Have a sweet day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin