Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cozy Flannel Collar,Choices

So here's what I made yesterday.
With the flannel at least:
a wider version of my peter pan collars.
 It's so cozy soft, when I tried it on, I didn't want to take it off!
 I sewed velvet ties on, then thought, since both sides are the same, maybe I should just do a hook and eye closure and a covered button...
This covered button's print is the same as the coffee cozy I made recently ;)



 here are some other options:
 with the ties, it almost reminds me of little red riding hood's hood ;)
 I picked up a bunch of art deco looking jewelry parts at a craft store a while back, with intentions to make brooches. I think they are awaiting the perfect project.Is this it?

Which way do you prefer? Ties, brooch, covered button?

As much as I like this collar, the more I look at it, the more it seems to be calling out for an attached capelet. Can you see it?
I think I'll get more flannel! This flannel is from Moda, and it's so soft and nice. Love the subtle plaid colors in a current favorite shades of midnight blue.

2 comments:

Martina said...

Flannel is so nece and cozy in winter - love the different aornements xou chose here! Happy sunday to you!

Heather said...

Oh, these are so cute! They look so sweet and French :) I love them with the littl button, that is my favorite version--- but they are all adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin