Saturday, October 12, 2013

Little Pleated Pouch Keychain

I've got lots of little pieces of fabric and small bits of trim-these make the perfect project for them.
The pattern is by michellepatterns

I love when I love how a project turns out. I do a little happy dance in my head ; )
This is actually the second I made exactly like this today...

 I had originally planned to add a snap instead of velcro....

But forgot...
Re-arragned the velcro a few times since it hadn't lined up straight the first time, fiddled with the rounded corners-those little things bug me if they're not perfect & out comes the seam ripper...

 Finally got it all perfect...took it to the iron to press the pleats...and heard a melting 'sound'-oops there went the velcro...then I remembered about the original snap plan...thought I'd just remove it...went to do that...went back to the iron....and the melted velcro I didn't see upon the first inspection and wipe off of the iron-magically was there and stamped itself onto the fabric :(

 At that point I stopped and brought the fabrics back out, redid the whole thing and ...voila!
I even like this one better....
I'll probably just keep the first one for me ; )

As you can see the split ring on the side is handy for a key or 2-I wouldn't put more than one or 2 as the slpit ring is just attached to a ribbon~ The ribbon is 'French General'.(Split ring is easily removable if you just want a little pouch with cute ribbon tab)
The Eiffel Tower peeks out of the pouch on the inside and The Louvre is on the back....


I've been knitting and crocheting 'til my fingers and wrists are sore too.Tomorrow I'll share
: )

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin