Friday, March 6, 2015

Patchwork Tote Reusable Gift Bags


I might have a new obsession making up these totes! Lol.

I love to save and reuse those paper bags you get from stores. I use them over and over again, especially for sorting and collecting supplies for my current WIP's. 
They're the perfect size. On my way out the door I'll usually grab one and toss in whatever knitting or crochet project I'm working on. 
These would also be great as a reusable gift bag : )
I  love patchwork too, however right now, I don't have the patience for projects with lots of pieces-but I thought I could use a lot of my smaller fabric pieces in a patchworky way, so this is what I came up with.

 I took apart one of my paper bags and measured out approximately the same dimensions...

 stitching the pieces together over a piece of white cotton backing.

 I added some crochet lace trim...

The lining is a 'crackle print'...

 I stitched one of the entries from the nature themed print , to the bag as a sort of tag...

 Not sure which side I like better ; )



I see myself making more soon....I have lots of fabrics left!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo I like! Great way to use fabric scraps! and I adore the little trim details .. so cute!!

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Gosh, I just love this Andrea! You always have the BEST fabrics and really have a way with putting them all together. I have an affinity for tote bags and I'd love to have this one!

Becca said...

Love it! I really like the dictionary fabric!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin