Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let your Art Guide you -Alice in Wonderland Pouch



Last week Emily from Art-n-sewl, invited me to participate in her weekly challenge.
I thought it would be a great motivator for me to get things finished and accomplished as I've been a little sluggish in making things for the shop lately.



1st up, another zippered "Scrappy Collage Pouch" featuring Alice in Wonderland and the Cheshire Cat.


This pouch was a lot of fun to make. I knew I wanted to use Alice and the Cat, but had a hard time looking for a good tree from my collection.



This one came from a 3 bears storybook themed print and I thought it did the job pretty well.

I love the polka dot background, it's a Japanese linen if I'm not mistaken -it's got a woven texture but is very soft. The pouch is nice and squishy from the batting and is quilted around the appliques.
This pouch is big enough to put lots of goodies in.
I stitched on a woven "wonder"tag, some black crocheted lace, and a few buttons-including a red heart on the back, from the Queen perhaps?



The lining is another two toned blue woven cotton. It's up for grabs in the shop ; )





8 comments:

Emily Anne Leyland said...

That is ADORABLE!!! I absolutely love it! I am so glad you are participating! It really is great to have a reason to finish things huh? Well done!

Deedra said...

This is simply divine! I love how whimsical it is!

andrea creates said...

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love all things Alice, but the original illustrations from the book can't be topped!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Have a sweet day!

Heather said...

Ooooh! I LOVE this! Too sweet, and love the modern fabric contrasted with the classic illustrations~

Darci said...

What a fun and creative idea. I'll have to check out your shop.

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Well Done Andrea! I love the little red heart on the back too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin