Friday, June 25, 2010

Swing of things

Lingotto

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
I had lost some creative mojo when we left for vacation, but now I have even less inspiration.
I'm not even sure what I should make anymore. Smaller things-larger things?...
I look into the studio and stare and am not even sure where to start. Maybe it's jet lag?

I did get around to beginning this today though:


I think it's going to be a mini wristlet-a little smaller than the ones already in the shop...or a pouch...What do you think?
The butterfly is cut from an anthropologie tea towel. It's unused and I never knew what to do with it because of the way they're laid out, it was hard to make one big bag out of~ so I decided to cut out the butterflies and applique them to different projects.
~~~~
Now, as promised, some architectural photos from our trip...

The Lingotto is a shopping center in the old Fiat factory in Torino. It was really interesting inside. You could see the ramps that took the cars to upper levels as they were assembled and finally on top (we didn't see) there is/was apparently a test track.You can read a little about it here.

5 floors

the beginning of one ramp
~~~~
Innsbruck Austria has some of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen.

The one on the corner is one of my favorites. It reminds me of a wedding cake. I take a photo of it every time we go :)


Lots of paintings & details

So cute!
~~~~

Off to the orthodontist.
Would you like to see more photos of the trip tomorrow? Maybe "Landscape"?

3 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

YES PLEASE...I adore your new banner...the water looks golden!
Torino...Torino...did you see any shows?
Your pictures are great, can't wait to see more!
HUGS
Char

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh I am so jealous, one day I will get there (Italy and Austria)

I love your photos and the plaques on the walls, gorgeous :)

I know what you mean about not being too motivated after a trip, I'm there too! :(

Have a wonderful weekend, T. :)

Martina said...

Nice photos! I know this feeling of not knowing what to make next, especially after a break. But the wristlet sounds nice to me. And a small thing might be good to get in tune again. Have a fun weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin