Saturday, October 9, 2010

No need to be fussy, right?



Remember my appointment with creativity on Friday?
Well I only got 1 thing made! Well, 1 thing, and 3/4.
I made this-using up some of my treasured Japanese fabrics.
(The store is now closed and I don't know where else to get it, so I've got a limited small supply ; )Another business card wallet

This one has a scrap of vintage lace ~see what I mean when I say I can't even throw the smallest pieces away?! They always come in handy. These are some of the buttons I got the other day too, they matched just perfectly I think.
I couldn't figure out how to finish this one:now in the shop : )

Then I woke up this morning, and thought: I can just add a pearl snap!! All by itself!
Plus, the fabric has a somewhat simple and modern look. No need to be fussy all the time, adding buttons and lace on all of them right?...

I love the color-deep purple. Tone on tone. That's the term right? I can only think of it in French: ton sur ton.

Which, now that I said that, reminds me of this kinda funny story from this morning...I kept telling my daughter to hand me the 'napkin' on the counter while I was making lunch. She kept looking around because the only things around were a dish towel (which I also call a tea towel, thank you English lessons in France-yep straight A's for me) and the roll of paper towels. After repeating myself several times I realized that I say 'napkin' almost every time I should say dish towel because that's what it is in French~'serviette'....

Anyway, just thought I'd share for fun- even though English is my mother tongue- sometimes French takes over....So if you ever notice that my posts written funny that's probably why ; )
Bon weekend!

2 comments:

kt said...

the pearl snap is a perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Oh! So pretty!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin